Friday, July 22, 2011

Pink Saturday Sisters

 

Several years ago my friend Nancy, My Crafty Little Page gave the Ya-Yas (our little group of high school friends and sisters) each one of these little lady vases.

HEB canada girl vases cut ant damage 026

Mine holds a bouquet of pink flowers and since she has a vase beside her, she holds my make up brushes. I see her every morning and think of sweet Nancy. She was my only Lady Vase until last year when I found this one in Wimberley…She lives in the guest house on my work table…

HEB canada girl vases cut ant damage 028 She is much larger than my dressing table lady and her demeanor seems rather bossy and “take charge” so she has been given the job of holding my crochet hooks…

HEB canada girl vases cut ant damage 033

She is the only lady on the work table and I think she likes it that way.  She wears a pretty cold painted blue apron with a pink flower.

HEB canada girl vases cut ant damage 031

She even has pink slippers…

HEB canada girl vases cut ant damage 030

Yesterday I was in the Downtowner Antique Mall here in New Braunfels when I found a third lady vase…

HEB canada girl vases cut ant damage 034 She hasn’t been assigned a job yet while I decide what would be ideal for her little square basket…She has such a surprised look on her face. I mean. those eyebrows are way up in the middle of her forehead. Maybe she heard the weatherman announce the heat index…Maybe it’s a worried look…

HEB canada girl vases cut ant damage 036

She is probably afraid that I’ll put her out on the patio or in the screened porch where it’s in triple digits … I’ve heard that three of anything makes a collection, so I guess I have a collection of lady vases…here they are posed for a family picture…

HEB canada girl vases cut ant damage 038

Have a Pink Week, stay indoors with a cold drink while you visit Beverly and the assembled guests at How Sweet the Sound. Thanks for stopping by to visit my newest collection.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Your ladies are just gorgeous, Laverne. I remember Mother making the prettiest bouquets from her gardens in these kinds of vases.

Happy PS weekend.
TTFN ~
Marydon

Donna said...

All your ladies are cute, but I really love the red and white one!
D

Holly said...

These lady vases are awesome and I love how you are using them. Great ideas!
Happy Pink Saturday!

Antiques And Teacups said...

The lady vases are so cute! I have one from a beloved aunt that I treasure...it always reminds me of her. Thanks for reminding me!
Ruth

Susie Jefferson said...

These are fabulous, and 3 definitely is a collection. Hmmm, the basket is short and square, so nothing too tall... cotton balls? Little eyeshadows? Bottles of nail varnish? It has to be girlie...

Happy Pink Saturday!

The Artful Diva said...

Great ideas for storing your brushes and things. Happy PS!

Nancy said...

She looks so cute, LaVerne. I'm glad that she's made new friends and found a job. Is the Comal super crowded? As soon as they air condition the river we can go on a four hour float. Until then...I'll see you..in September! xo Nancy
Okay - August for your birthday!

Lorraine said...

What a nice friend to get you started on your collection of adorable lady vases! Happy PS!

Robin said...

Sweet little ladies....
and how fun they are too. So clever to use the one as a brush holder.
Wishing you a pinkishly beautiful weekend



Limping Deer and the Twins

Limping Deer and the Twins
They are still spotted at this time.

Show and Tell Sunday June 15

Flea Market Finds...sounds like my whole house and yard...

Milk Glass Collection

Milk Glass Collection
Who knew that a 25 cent flea market find would unleash such a collecting frenzy? I never pay more than a dollar unless it's a really nice piece. They are great grouped with a single daisy in each.

These used to be inexpensive florist vases in the 50's and 60's. Everyone's Grandmother had bunches.

Mexicana Dishes

Mexicana Dishes
My sister found these for me at Bussy's Flea Market in San Antonio, Texas. I had seen pictures in her Fiesta reference book. Mexicana was also made by Homer Laughlin in the 30's. I had been looking for several years without ever finding even a single piece when she found the set...with a promise to hold it for us, she came running to find me and I bought the entire set...60+ pieces for $50.

Mexicana

Mexicana
I've added to the set over the years, but the price and experience will never match that first amazing find.

Vintage Kitchen Hutch

Vintage Kitchen Hutch
When my hubby found this hutch it was Pepto pink and I was not 100% sure about it. But with a new red back and fresh white paint and refurbished hardware, it became one of my favorite pieces.

Nancy made me save the vine

Nancy made me save the vine
The vine and flowers painted on the inside were in such bad shape that I was ready to remove it all. Nancy -My Crafty Little Page convinced me to keep it and after some touch-up work, I'm glad I listened to her. My husband restores vintage Cushman motorscooters and he tries to make everything "mint" condition again. The Shabby Chic movement came along just in time to keep me from making some terrible mistakes.