Friday, November 20, 2009

I’m Dreaming of a Pink Christmas…

Maybe it’s only November at your house, but in New Braunfels we’re already shopping for Christmas at our annual Weihnachtsmarkt which is a German style Christmas gift market…and what a Pretty in Pink event it is…

weihnachtsmarkt 2009 books pink 033

This booth specializes in cute expressions on primarily pink shirts…”What happens at Nana’s  stays at Nana’s” is a big favorite. As is, “He hunts, I shop.”

Of course, little girl’s clothes in pink are everywhere…

weihnachtsmarkt 2009 books pink 020

This little cupcake shirt has a fluffy pink tulle skirt…my goddaughter’s new baby needs one of these for Christmas.  Or one of these…

weihnachtsmarkt 2009 books pink 026

Lots of these booths feature items actually made be the vendors. This shop is owned by stay at home moms who make the most amazing clothes for children…Other shops display imported items brought directly from Europe. And one of my favorite vendors, a German import shop brought this…

weihnachtsmarkt 2009 books pink 012

It’s an antique puppet stage…look at that pink tree in the back…and these old hat pins…

weihnachtsmarkt 2009 books pink 014

Look at the beautiful display vase…I may have to go back and buy that beauty! Hope your area has lots of lovely pink shopping for you this season…if not, come to New Braunfels to join us. In the meantime, stop by Beverly’s  How Sweet the Sound to get the Pink Saturday list this week.  I’ll make my rounds later since I’m working at Weihnachtsmarkt all weekend…but don’t let that stop you…and thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Looks like it's a big success this year - great job! What an abundance of PINK. Cute, cute cute! :) N

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

How fun! Happy pinks! xo Tami

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the pinks you found to share with us today. Have a great Pink Saturday and enjoy the week ahead.

Nancy said...

You do have great shops. I love the hatpins. Happy Pink Saturday!

Elena said...

There's certainly lots of pink there! Thank you for sharing.

Happy pink saturday - have a lovley week.

ciao for now,
Elena :)
ps: my ps post is on this blog - http://epdesigns.com.au/blog

Char said...

Oh when we were living in Bitburg Germany we used to love the holidays. Everything was so gorgeous and yummy too. I miss it all so much, thankyou for taking me back to some great times, Happy Pink Saturday, Char



Limping Deer and the Twins

Limping Deer and the Twins
They are still spotted at this time.

Show and Tell Sunday June 15

Flea Market Finds...sounds like my whole house and yard...

Milk Glass Collection

Milk Glass Collection
Who knew that a 25 cent flea market find would unleash such a collecting frenzy? I never pay more than a dollar unless it's a really nice piece. They are great grouped with a single daisy in each.

These used to be inexpensive florist vases in the 50's and 60's. Everyone's Grandmother had bunches.

Mexicana Dishes

Mexicana Dishes
My sister found these for me at Bussy's Flea Market in San Antonio, Texas. I had seen pictures in her Fiesta reference book. Mexicana was also made by Homer Laughlin in the 30's. I had been looking for several years without ever finding even a single piece when she found the set...with a promise to hold it for us, she came running to find me and I bought the entire set...60+ pieces for $50.

Mexicana

Mexicana
I've added to the set over the years, but the price and experience will never match that first amazing find.

Vintage Kitchen Hutch

Vintage Kitchen Hutch
When my hubby found this hutch it was Pepto pink and I was not 100% sure about it. But with a new red back and fresh white paint and refurbished hardware, it became one of my favorite pieces.

Nancy made me save the vine

Nancy made me save the vine
The vine and flowers painted on the inside were in such bad shape that I was ready to remove it all. Nancy -My Crafty Little Page convinced me to keep it and after some touch-up work, I'm glad I listened to her. My husband restores vintage Cushman motorscooters and he tries to make everything "mint" condition again. The Shabby Chic movement came along just in time to keep me from making some terrible mistakes.